Possibility of Doing Suicide Is Around Us

It was two years ago when my mum told me that horrible news. My uncle was found dead at the top of his house. His dead body was hanging with a rope, so it made everyone who passed the street could see clearly his corpse from a few metres away from his house. When my dad arrived, there was a crowd trying to know obviously what happened in that house.

Is it a murder? Is it a suicide? I supposed those questions were in their mind.

Police came in rush. They did investigation around the house. My uncle's body was directly admitted to the hospital for the autopsy. The result, it was a pure suicide. But, we didn't get any explanation why my uncle could end himself in that kind of way.

It shouldn't be caused by any problem with his wife. He and his wife were the sweetest couple ever, even without being given a child.  When this occurred, my auntie was in her hometown for celebrating annual Chinese traditional ritual, ceng beng (visiting ancestor's cemetery with several offering).

According to the words I heard, it's said that he tried to send my auntie several messages through WhatsApp but because of the connection in her hometown was extremely bad, she didn't know if he sent her messages. He even called my auntie's brother at dawn, telling him to look after my auntie well. However, my auntie's brother didn't realise yet that the call was a sign.

First my auntie knew this incident, she was shocked and couldn't believe. She went back home expeditiously. Her face was damp with tears. I could see sorrow in my auntie's countenance.

She showed my mum and relatives my uncle's messages. In a nutshell, my uncle said that he would love her immortally wherever he was. He wished that he could meet my auntie again in other lives. He didn't tell why he ended his life but he emphasised that his marriage with my auntie would ever be the sweetest marriage ever.

Many assumptions were speculated by people who knew this incident. Some said that he could be desperate because of having no child. Worse yet, there were some who related this incident with mystical things. As my auntie went to her hometown, my uncle lived alone in his house. Some told that he was painting the wall alone at the top of his house at the night before he ended his life.

Apart from all that speculation, this incident might explain that we cannot predict whether someone could or could not do suicide. My uncle was a very nice person. When I was a little boy, he often took me to go strolling, bought me burger, and sometimes gave me money. His neighbour also told that he was a kindhearted person. He even treated a madman who always walks near his house friendly. Who would have thought that my uncle could end his life in this kind of way?

This incident made me realise that possibility of doing suicide is around us. People whom we thought are not depressed also have a possibility to do suicide in any kind of reasons. Let's be more aware with people around us. I hope this dismal circumstance would not occur to you nor your beloved ones. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tata Ibadah dalam Agama Buddha

Resensi Buku: Four A Divergent Collection

Agama Sikh di Indonesia: Mengumpet di Balik Nama Hindu