From manifesting to materialising

I had just finished teaching when I opened my Instagram and found an archived story of mine. It was a story that I uploaded years ago when I was an undergrad student. It showed a picture of me standing in front of the classroom, sharing my experience with my juniors about public speaking. I wrote this: "The future lecturer in 2023. Any amen?" 

When I uploaded that story, I just wrote the year randomly, assuming that I would finish my BA in 2020 and my MA in 2022. I thought that one year would be an ideal time to pursue my dream as a lecturer after graduating. Looking at the Instagram story and realising that my dream of becoming a lecturer has come true is quite unbelievable. 

Does it happen because of manifestation?  

The word "manifestation" came to my mind when I reflected on this matter. Although it sounds unscientific, some people testify that manifestation works for many many cases. In my context, I have engraved in my mind that my long-term goal is to be a university professor. On my last birthday, my high schoolmates sent me a cake with a handwritten on the top: Happy Birthday, Prof. Wira! I have always told my close friends about my career goal.

Now, the path to stepping closer to my dream is here in front of my eyes. While still working full-time as a professional in a telecom company, I got the chance to be a part-time lecturer at two universities. Although the process is still long enough to be a professor, I perceive that my current position as a part-time lecturer would be the first yet big step to make my dream come true. Even if what happened to me is classified as an example of a manifestation, I consider that manifestation will not be actualised without effort and perseverance. Thanks to the tough process that I have been through completing my master's thesis and finishing all master's courses. 

My case is not unique and special. I strongly believe that out there some people must have ever experienced the phenomenon of "self-manifesting". They dream, believe, and strive to make things happen. I noticed the CEO of eFishery, Gibran Huzaifah, once tweeted that years ago he told himself that one day if he was covered by Forbes, he would never wear formal attire and put on a tie. In 2023, he got the opportunity to be featured by Forbes as a result of his successes in directing his firm to the status of unicorn and obtaining a hundred million dollars in capital fund. What was he wearing when he appeared on the cover? Still dressed formally but with a fish serving as his tie.

Is there any academic explanation for self-manifesting? 

I found an interesting article on Mentalhelp, a website managed by psychologists and psychiatrists, stating that there is no evidence to confirm that manifestation is an empirical phenomenon. There are no studies that demonstrate how a person may manifest a dream with their mind. However, scholars agree that positive minds result in positive behaviours. 

According to the above article, manifestation is conceptualised as the activity of focusing minds, feelings, and behaviours towards a particular goal, enabling the universe to help bring forth the desired outcome. Journaling, visualising goals, and self-affirmation are a few practices associated with the idea of manifestation that helps strengthen our intentions in our subconscious minds.   

In addition, the article links the phenomenon of manifestation with the theory of quantum physics which explains that everything on the Earth is made of energy. When an individual expresses an intention and practises manifestation to harmonize their energy with that of the universe, they are able to actualise what they have been visualising in their minds. By practising manifestation to visualise a specific goal and internalise that the goal has already materialised, the theory of quantum physics explains that material manifestation can be achieved. The theory assumes that minds are energy atoms that can be controlled to create a particular reality. 

Although this concept still stands in need of deeper and further research, the above explanation, to some extent, may provide an explanation of how manifestation works. In my case, it becomes the answer to how visualising and vocalising dreams lead the dream to reality. Do you have a similar story about how you manifest your dream? 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tata Ibadah dalam Agama Buddha

Resensi Buku: Four A Divergent Collection

Agama Sikh di Indonesia: Mengumpet di Balik Nama Hindu